By Cary D. Alberstone, Michael P. Steinmetz, Imad M. Najm, Edward C. Benzel
2010 Benjamin Franklin Silver Award Winner!
Praise for this book:
Superbly written...Each anatomic constitution is mentioned intimately, but the language is concise and never overwhelming...accompanied via extraordinary colour illustrations which are vast and original...the ideal resource.--AANS (American organization of Neurological Surgeons) younger Neurosurgeons' Newsletter
Anatomic foundation of Neurologic Diagnosis is a lavishly illustrated e-book that locations distinctive emphasis at the paramount value of symptoms for the exact analysis of neurologic problems. It opens with a complete overview of neuroembryology, allowing readers to achieve wisdom of standard frightened approach improvement and similar developmental problems. the second one component to the publication contains an simply available presentation of the anatomy of local elements and to-the-point details at the cardinal manifestations of affliction. Separate chapters within the 3rd portion of the ebook current the anatomy of other practical structures and supply useful methods to diagnosing sufferers with approach problems. a last bankruptcy covers the anatomy of the vascular method and cerebrospinal fluid.
• sensible association of chapters, in line with areas and practical structures, displays the clinician's method of sufferer care • Full-color illustrations supply an quintessential visible relief to studying and reviewing clinically suitable neurologic anatomy and pathways • a number of tables summarize key points
Ideal for interpreting cover-to-cover, this booklet is key for citizens and scholars looking to absolutely comprehend the complexity of medical neuroanatomy. professional clinicians will locate the booklet a precious refresher.
Read Online or Download Anatomic Basis of Neurologic Diagnosis PDF
Similar neurology books
Spasticity is a disabling challenge for lots of adults and youngsters with numerous neurological problems akin to a number of sclerosis, stroke, cerebral palsy and disturbing mind harm. a pragmatic advisor for clinicians interested in the administration of spasticity, this ebook covers all facets of higher motor neurone syndrome from simple neurophysiology and dimension concepts to useful remedy and using orthoses.
The second one variation of an important source to the evolving box of developmental cognitive neuroscience, thoroughly revised, with elevated emphasis on social neuroscience, medical issues, and imaging genomics.
Advances in epilepsy learn are taking place at a quick fee, leading to a bewildering wealth of knowledge. the results of this new wisdom for destiny examine and scientific perform may be complicated. This quantity concentrates at the strategies and types of epilepsy which were built because of this examine.
This sensible, pocket-sized, quickly reference publication is in the event you have to deal with move disease sufferers with out the instant support of a flow sickness neurologist. in basic terms the main pertinent info is roofed. This publication is split into 5 chapters overlaying the typical phenomenology of stream issues and contains tremor, dystonia, chorea, myoclonus, and tics.
- Neurolinguistics: An Introduction to Spoken Language Processing and its Disorders
- Tiefe Hirnstimulation: Ein Ratgeber für Betroffene bei Morbus Parkinson
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- HIV AIDS and the Nervous System: Handbook of Clinical Neurology Vol 85
- Neurology Volume 72(6) February 10, 2009
- Emergency Management in Neurocritical Care
Extra resources for Anatomic Basis of Neurologic Diagnosis
6. 7. 8. 9. Inferior sagittal sinus Falx cerebri Inner and outer layers of dura mater Arachnoid granulations Superior sagittal sinus Epidural space (a potential space) Arachnoid membrane Subarachnoid space Pia mater Comment: The pia mater adheres to every contour of the brain, while the delicate arachnoid membrane spans these contours. The resultant subarachnoid space is a site in which cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is found, providing buoyancy and protection to the brain, and also a site in which the cerebral arteries and veins travel.
8. 9. 10. 11. Subarachnoid space Frontal pole, lateral ventricles Hippocampal formation Temporal pole, lateral ventricle Optic radiations Site of lateral ventricle Subarachnoid space Cerebellum Medulla Cisterna magna Subarachnoid space Comment: The T2-weighted magnetic resonance image shows the ventricular system and cerebrospinal fluid in the subarachnoid space (cisterns) as white. These images are useful for revealing pathology such as infarcts, tumors, edema, and demyelination. A contrast agent such as gadolinium can be used to delineate a tumor because of its ability to leak across a disrupted blood-brain barrier.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. Septum pellucidum Head of caudate nucleus Columns of fornix Stria terminalis Body of fornix Thalamus Crura of fornix Parahippocampal gyrus Dentate gyrus Fimbria of hippocampus Hippocampus Comment: The hippocampal formation, with its connections to the diencephalon and telencephalon through the fornix, is a C-shaped structure that anatomically sweeps from the temporal lobe around the thalamus into rostral regions of the forebrain. The hippocampal formation is necessary for the consolidation of shortterm memory into permanent or long-term traces.
Anatomic Basis of Neurologic Diagnosis by Cary D. Alberstone, Michael P. Steinmetz, Imad M. Najm, Edward C. Benzel
- M. H. Loretto (auth.)'s Electron Beam Analysis of Materials PDF
- Read e-book online Medieval warfare : theory and practice of war in Europe, PDF