By Dieter Schmidt, Steven C. Schachter
From pediatric to the aged, from contractible to refractive, epilepsy is an ailment that manifests in lots of varieties and throughout more than a few demographics. during this interesting quantity, the writer info multiple hundred circumstances the place health and wellbeing care practitioners confronted strange demanding situations in treating the disorder. All facets of epilepsy are explored via those situations, from the occasionally complicated preliminary analysis to sufferer responses and remedy tools. during this best-selling brief textual content, the writer additionally provides the teachings discovered from those impressive situations. one hundred ten complicated instances in Epilepsy comes in handy for scientific scholars, citizens and all healthiness care practitioners, because the practices used to appreciate those instances could be utilized to different diagnoses to boot.
Read Online or Download 110 Puzzling Cases of Epilepsy PDF
Best neurology books
Spasticity is a disabling challenge for lots of adults and kids with quite a few neurological problems comparable to a number of sclerosis, stroke, cerebral palsy and tense mind harm. a pragmatic advisor for clinicians taken with the administration of spasticity, this booklet covers all points of higher motor neurone syndrome from easy neurophysiology and size suggestions to useful remedy and using orthoses.
The second one variation of a necessary source to the evolving box of developmental cognitive neuroscience, thoroughly revised, with increased emphasis on social neuroscience, scientific issues, and imaging genomics.
Advances in epilepsy study are happening at a speedy cost, leading to a bewildering wealth of knowledge. the results of this new wisdom for destiny study and medical perform should be complicated. This quantity concentrates at the ideas and versions of epilepsy which were constructed due to this learn.
This useful, pocket-sized, speedy reference ebook is in case you have to deal with circulation ailment sufferers with no the speedy support of a circulate disease neurologist. purely the main pertinent details is roofed. This booklet is split into 5 chapters protecting the typical phenomenology of flow problems and comprises tremor, dystonia, chorea, myoclonus, and tics.
- Die elektrosensible Diagnostik in der Neurologie
- Ionotropic Glutamate Receptor Technologies
- Brain, Heal Thyself: A Caregiver's New Approach to Recovery From Stroke, Aneurysm and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Atlas of Regional Anatomy of the Brain Using MRI: With Functional Correlations
Additional resources for 110 Puzzling Cases of Epilepsy
In addition, our patient experienced auras with fear and déjà-vu and exhibited non-verbal memory deﬁcits. These symptoms can also be associated with right-sided temporal lobe epilepsy. The only clue that the seizures arose from the anterior cingulate gyrus was the motor and hypermotor (complex movement) signs, which had a somewhat aggressive quality. This single clinical observation necessitated the use of interhemispheric subdural strip electrodes and, eventually, permitted the localization of the primary epileptogenic area.
Distinction between the myoclonus-related potential and the epileptic spike in epilepsia partialis continua. Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol 1986;64:304–7. 31. Cowan JMA, Rothwell JC, Wise RJS, Marsden CD. Electrophysiological and positron emission studies in a patient with cortical myoclonus, epilepsia partialis continua and motor epilepsy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1986;49:796–807. 26 Case 8 VOMITING IN AN 8-YEAR-OLD GIRL WITH STATUS EPILEPTICUS Natalio Fejerman History This patient is an 8-year-old girl who was born to healthy parents.
21. Chalk CH, McManis PG, Cascino GD. Cryptococcal meningitis manifesting as epilepsia partialis continua of the abdomen. Mayo Clin Proc 1991;66:926–9. 22. Andermann F. Epilepsia partialis continua and other seizures arising from the precentral gyrus: high incidence in patients with Rasmussen syndrome and neuronal migration disorders. Brain Dev 1992;14:338–9. 23. Ettinger AB, Krupp LB, Jandorf L. Fatigue and depression in epilepsy. Epilepsia 1994;35 (suppl 8):79. 24. Victoroff JI, Benson DF, Engel J Jr, Grafton S, Mazziotta JC.
110 Puzzling Cases of Epilepsy by Dieter Schmidt, Steven C. Schachter
- Voices of Alzheimer's: The Healing Companion: Stories for - download pdf or read online
- New PDF release: Multiple Sclerosis for the Practicing Neurologist (World